Monday, August 25, 2008

Hot Pick from TAB - The Host

By Stephenie Meyer
(F Meye)
619 pages. 2008 Science Fiction



I liked this book because it is unique within its genre. It is like no other book and hooks you from the at-first-not-understandable prologue. I would normally not read science fiction, but this is a book to recommend to everyone. The character who is telling the story is not from Earth and must get used to being known as a "parasite" to her host. Wanderer, or Wanda as she is sometimes known, has lived on 8 other worlds within the universe and has always been a parasite on different kinds of hosts, not being able to survive otherwise. However, she has never known resistance and gets frightened when her host on Earth starts fighting back. Despite the subject and content, this book is not scary, gory, or in any way destined for nightmares if read in a dark room. This book was very gripping and I absolutely could not put it down. A definite finish-under-the-covers-I've-only-got-a-few-chapters-left book. Overall Rating: 5 out of 5 stars. (Grades 9 & Up).

reviewed by TAB member Colleen K.

find this book in eCatalog

No comments: