Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Hot Pick from TAB - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I Am Not

Artist: Arctic Monkeys
(MR ARCT WPS A 86)
2006 Rock

Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I Am Not is the debut album of Arctic Monkeys, a newer four-man band from High Green England. It's a fantastic album, played in a post-garage/indie rock style, and contains two singles: "I Bet You Look Good on the Dance Floor" and "When the Sun Goes Down". The songs "The View From the Afternoon" and "Fake Tales of San Francisco" were also given great acclaim. However, every song on this album is worth listening to, and it is one of the best debut albums in history. It remains the fastest selling debut album from a band in British history. The other thing about the album that is interesting is that the band is fiercely independent, and used an extremely small label, promoting the music over the internet via the fans rather than the band. All in all, it's one of the best rock albums I've heard.

find this CD in eCatalog

reviewed by TAB member Arjun B.

No comments: